In this recipe you can use any kind of fish that you like. You can also use any vegetables that you prefer or have on hand. This method of preparing the fish provides for a rich spicy flavor that is also healthy. A modification to this recipe I recommend is adding seaweed.
Be careful when adding the spicy ingredients to this recipe. It’s easy to make this too spicy to enjoy.
Ingredients (Per Serving)
- 1 Fish fillet （0.5kg）
- Oil as need for cooking
- Salt to taste
- 8-10 Dry red chili pepper
- 1 small piece ginger
- 1 Green onion
- 1-2 star anise
- 10-15 Sichuan peppercorn
- 1 whole garlic
- 5 pieces cilantro
- Red pepper oil
- Soy sauce
- 1 bundle Vermicelli noodle
- 1 bunch of broccoli
- Sichuan Pixian Broad Bean Paste with Red chili oil
- 3-5 dried bay leaves
- Slice the fish fillet into small pieces.
- Cook the broccoli in a pan with oil over medium heat for 1 minute and then set aside in large bowl or serving dish that will eventually be used for serving. We are not cooking the broccoli totally but just frying the outside to give it flavor. The broccoli will be fully cooked by the heat of the dish added to it later. The broccoli will form the bottom layer of the finished product.
- Add oil to pan and fry together green onion, dried red pepper, full cloves of garlic, sliced ginger, star anise, Sichuan peppercorn for about 30 seconds on medium heat.
- Add 2 large spoon of Sichuan Pixian broad bean paste with red chili oil to fried ingredients and cook together for 10 seconds on high heat.
- Add about 1 liter of water to the ingredients in pan and stir together for about 2 minutes over high heat until boiling.
- Add noodles to the already cooking ingredients and cook together for about 10 seconds.
- Take only the noodles out of the pan and put them in the bowl with the broccoli. Leave the water and other ingredients in the pan.
- Add the fish fillet, soy sauce, red pepper oil, and bay leaves to the pan. Add about a small spoonful of red pepper oil or until the top layer of the water in the pan becomes red. Cook the fish for about 1-2 minutes over high heat. About 1 spoonful of soy sauce.
- Pour contents of pan into the serving bowl. Be careful. It will be very hot.
- Put some cilantro on the top of the serving bowl for visual effect and enhanced flavor.